Superior Pet Nutrition
Keep your pet healthy for years to come by making nutrition the focal point of their daily care. At Fort Hunt Animal Hospital, we understand that different animals have specific nutritional needs.
Let us help you choose a wholesome, balanced, and healthy diet to accommodate the health and age-related requirements for all of your pets.
We carry premier pet food brands:
- Hill Science Diet
- Royal Canin
Call 703-360-6100 to discuss your pets’ nutritional and dietary plan. If you fear your pet has ingested foods or other items that are toxic to their systems, seek immediate help from our veterinarians.
Dangerous, Poisonous Foods for Pets
Many foods enjoyed by humans are dangerous, and even poisonous, for pets. These include:
- Chocolate – causes muscle tremors, heart arrhythmias, and seizures in dogs and cats
- Eggs – result in salmonella poisoning in cats
- Fat trimmings and raw meat – induce vomiting, E.coli, and diarrhea in cats and dogs
- Grapes and raisins – lead to acute kidney failure in dogs
- Macadamia nuts
- Onions and garlic – cause digestive issues and anemia in cats and dogs
- Xylitol (sugar-free sweeter) – results in severe blood sugar drop and liver failure in dogs
Toxicity Symptoms in Pets
- Difficulty breathing
- Muscle tremors
- Skin irritations