We are writing to keep you informed of our recommendations as well as the steps we are taking in order to continue offering the care your pets
need while providing you, and our associates a safe environment. Our hospital will remain open as long as we can offer a safe and healthy environment for you, your pets, and our hospital teams.
We always keep our hospital clean and disinfected, and we have increased both the frequency of these cleanings in accordance with CDC recommendations to help ensure both our clients and associates are kept safe. Similarly, handwashing hygiene is critically important in a hospital, a step we continue to emphasize to staff and clients.
I have not been exposed and my pet is scheduled for a visit or is sick:
If your pet is sick or scheduled for routine care, we are open and fully operational. We recommend you follow these simple steps:
* While in the waiting area, maintain distance between you and other clients and pets
* After checking in at the reception, you are welcome to wait in your car. We will optionally text you when we are ready to see your pet.
* Limit the number of people who accompany each pet to the hospital
* If you need to pick up food or medications for your pet, please call and we can arrange shipping of food and some prescriptions directly to your home (https://forthuntanimalhospital.vetsfirstchoice.com/).
What do I do if I have been exposed to the coronavirus or have Flu-like symptoms and my pet needs care?
In order to help us continue to serve pets in need, we ask that clients who have recently traveled to a high-risk country, had any exposure to symptomatic or confirmed positive cases, or confirmed positive themselves not bring their pets in the hospital unless they are having a medical emergency.
If your pet is due for routine care, (annual exams, vaccines, dental cleanings, nail trims, or any other non-urgent appointments), please call us to discuss rescheduling to a later time. If it is determined that your appointment cannot be rescheduled for medical reasons, and your appointment is necessary, we ask that you have a healthy family member or friend bring your pet to the visit.
We have various ways to help care for your pets without a trip or call to the hospital at this time:
Text Messaging: You can send and receive texts and photos with your hospital. Texting is only available during operating hours and response times may vary. 703-360-6100
Home Delivery: Pet food and medications may be ordered through Fort Hunt Animal Hospital's online pharmacy available at our website. Visit:
If there is a way to have a pop up when you first visit the website it should say the following:
New Admittance and Check-Out during COVID-19
Veterinary care is an essential part of our community and we want to assure you that our hospital is open and will continue to provide service. We are also working diligently to work with you and our staff to limit direct contact and focus on safety.
* Upon arrival to our hospital, please remain in your vehicle and call us.
* A staff member will come outside to check your pet in for his/her appointment. At this time no clients are allowed inside the facility.
* We ask you to remain in the parking lot during your pets appointment and have your phone available.
* If you feel that you need to come inside the facility, please discuss with the hospital staff prior to your visit.
* We will do our very best to communicate your visit via phone, including follow up care instructions, medications and taking payments.
* If you are picking up medication, please remain in your vehicle and call us. We will deliver your order to your car as quickly as possible.
If you are not feeling well, may be at risk of exposure to COVID-19, please ask a healthy friend or family member to transport your pet if their appointment can not be postponed.